Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Saturday 31 January 2009 - A night in with Paddy

Won seat in double stack freezeout by virtue of some good play in STT's today.
I have house to myself once little lad was put to bed and cant wait to log on and play the 100 dollar double stack freezeout.

Level 2 of the tournament and I lieterally have not played a hand (not even my blinds). I am playing a latish position (with a number of limpers in the pot) and I have and have A 7 suited which in my own head is a very poor hand and a hand that can get u into a huge amount of trouble and therefore should be folded immediately. However, for some reason (and against my better judgement) I decided that I would limp for the 30 chips and unless I catch a huge part of the flop, I will be folding to any bets. Unfortunately for me, I caught a huge part of the flop and ran into an idiot who could not gold top pair.

Flop come A Q2 (2 hearts). I now know that this is going to be very difficult to get away from and am hoping some one makes a ridiculous high bet that is not called by anyone such that I have no odds to call.

The villian sitting to my right makes a pot sized bet (Euro 180) making the pot 360. I could have folded but because of the position this guy was in (next seat to me which was effectively one of the button) i decided that as long as he does not have 2 pair or a set, if i re raise he ll fold and ill take the smallish pot (360). Addditionally, even if he does call, i am dawing to the nuts and he probably can not put me on an A high flush draw. I repot to 715 thinking he must fold. When he calls, i start to wonder about the hands he has.

I thought it unlikely he has A Q on the basis of AQ is a raise from his latish position and unlikely. Has he made a small set? Surely he d re raise my raise given the 2 hearts unless he simply has no idea that i am drawing to the nuts flush. I got to thinking the best he has is A2 but more likely A 8, 9 or ten).

The turn is a blank and I know want him to check it to me. He leads out again for 1/3 pot and while i am now sure i am behind and being trapped, i have odds to call especially as i am now convinced he has no idea i am betting the nuts flush and I will take most his chips if I hit.

River comes a six (no heart). Please check i say! I am now praying the the villian checks this to me as we have a pot of over Euro 2k and all i have is top pair with no Kicker and am absolutely sure I am behind. Unfortunately, he puts in a bet of 300 chips. Now despite knowing I am behind, I have to call as there is so much money in there. Imagine my disugust, when he turns over A6. Rivered a six to bust me.

4 hands later (blinds 50/100), same guy's 88 held up against my AK shove from BB. Number of limpers in bot and was sure I be racing for a double up to over 2k. I guess thats poker.

After that i joined the 10 dollar 35k gtd. Despite being card dead for a number of hours I managed to finish in 25th (1500 runners - very good effort). Eventually, went out when an UTg raise (Euro120k) equal to my remaining stack value (blinds 20k and 40k / my stack Euro95k). I thought i might treble up when the BB called and the flop came J high only to find that my kk had run into AA and JJ. Thats poker I suppose. Iy was a fantastic run result considering I was all in on the blind with 100 runners left and managed to flop 2 pair and turn my 2k of chips into almost 200k. Made a bad raise from a latish position with A 6 suited (a hand that I would always fold) when blinds were big which was re raised and re re raised. Although I know I am behind I should have called given the price (almost 5-1). As it turns out I would have had an over card - 99 and jj and would have hit the A. Terrible raise follwed by terrible fold (based on price I am getting).

All the best for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment