Tuesday, February 3, 2009

I took it down!!!!!

Won a ticket into Irish open Siper Satellite last night. Unfortunately, game is on tonight and I cannot play as PP will not let me transfer seat. Am not that bother though. Its not the $215 buy in but rather a $40 rebuy and at the moment there is only enough money for one seat. Likelihood of winning with the number of entrants is so low that I could not be arsed. I will play with Rob and Dara this evening in a nice little club they found.

So after the allation of realising that I had won a ticket into the Irish Open Super Sat (not), I decided that I would see if there was any good value games on line and came across a GP$4,000 pot limit omaha game. It was $50 dollar rebuy which is quite expensive. However, there were very few runners (30 +) and the first prize was $1,600. On a budget of $150 i thought i may have a chance at this.

Started off well getting and hitting good cards in position and being paid off by non believers. Had my self up to $10k when on BB I pick up 5,5,j,8. Only limpers so I check and flop comes 5,j,8 (rainbow). I checked it and a bet comes from button so knowing I am good I decided to slow play (a terrible thing to do in omaha). turn comes 3 (all rainbow). Bet come in for pot. Know at this stage, I dont know why I did no just push him in and be happy with what I d won, I decided to call again on the off chance that he has a set of J's or 8's (unlikely though give my hand). River comes a seven. He pots I call. He turns over (all rainbow) 8,5,6,4.

I was fuming at myself for how I played it but more fuming at PP for how the hand played out.

After the break I am under a little pressure as I esentially only have starting chips plus top up. Thanks to a couple of position raise I am staing ahead of the blinds when I pull a move which I am blessed to get away with. I made a call to a raise and a call for 535 (1/10th of my stack) when on button with Kj diamons, q,10 clubs (the perfect wrap). The flop comes 2 spades, 3 hearts, 6 hearts. I am dead! However, it was checked to me and I decided to essentially have a bluff at it by Potting it for almost half my stack. Imagine my delight when it is folded to me and I am now after picking up a pot of $1,800 with nothing (shows value of table image I suppose). Then hrough a couple of hands and rasies I manage to get my self up to Eueo9k (just below average). On small blind with 2 limpers I have small pair &'s I think amd Q,J. Ionly called to make up the blind in hope i flop a poker. However, I flopped 2 pair on a rainbow board and decided to pot it. 2 callers which is not good. Turns a K and I know I could be in trouble but so much in pot relative to stack there is no way I can fold. I shove - one caller - gut buster A,10. I am screaming at computer at how this idiot had donked me with his one outer when the river comes a Q and I have redrawn a house. Serves him right for the gutbuster call. I am doubled up to $20 +k

Due to lenght of time that it took to get to final table and fact there was only five at my table, I was blinded back down to circa $11k and the 2 big stacks to my right were raising my Blinds the whole time and I just had not got cards to call. Eventually, I pick up QQ, 67 double suited on the BB and think that this is the best chance I ll have to double up. I call the raise and flop come 8,7,5. I decided that i was pushing no matter what happened. He pushed, I called. He had nothing except an 9 in his hand and when truns a 9 I have made the nuts and am double up. V next hand I reraisesd a one off button rasie committing myself to pot with KK double suited and got a fold. I then flopped top 2 in an unrasied pot and check called the bet for big stack to give up and check it down. Then with not a lot in my hand except the k of diamonds on a 3 diamonds A high I bet pot to force a fold. Suddenly, I was buzzing and felt I had the read on everyone and that anything was possible.

Key hand; 5 players left all guaranteed a piece of the pie and the big stack who has been raising makes his standard one off cut of raise (to small stack on BB) - I have a slightly better than average hand A,8 diamonds, J,10 hearts. small blind folds bb pushes for 8k. Why cheap leader did not re raise me I ll never know but he calls and I call the 4k into the now 26k pot. Flop is 8,9, k (rainbow),. Chip leader pots essentially putting me all in. I am getting exactly 2-1 for the straight. What do i do? I decide I have called to get a big draw and I cant fold now when I have hit the draw and have the price. I call. As expected, he has a set of KK. turn is an A, river is a Q and I am now a massive cheap leader. The rest of the game consisted of me raising until I got heads up with a 3-1 cheap lead. I made a nice read on some one who called a KK flop and bet a K turn. When I called the turn and he checks the river I bet and my chip lead is 5-1. final hand is aboard 6,6,10. I guess the lad did not believe I had the 6 when I potted flop and turn and call me with his 10. I was delighted. My Second omaha MTT win albeit with that vital bit of luck you need at the right time.

All the best!

No comments:

Post a Comment